7.23.2008

Sweet Cuppin' Cakes!

I've been on a bit of a cupcake kick lately - a wonderful, wonderful person bought me these three books, and I'm completely in love with making tiny, delicious, pastries of joy and cuteness. I even use the mini tins for extra cuteness, and because the pastelitas I make are super rich and hard to handle in anything larger than bite-sized form.

My latest creation is from the brilliant Cupcake Bakeshop blog. I find it adorable how Chockylit describes these as "simple," and "relatively easy to put together." In my mind, simple is adding a few eggs and a quarter cup of vegetable oil to a box of cake mix. But nevertheless, these are amazing.

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes

chocolate cupcakes stuffed with rasberry chocolate ganache and frosted with chocolate glaze and buttercream

Oh, em, gee. I don't even want to think about how many calories these little guys have. But so, so, worthwhile.

and, as promised, my visual aids to accompany last night's post.

Amigurumi Rabbit
amigurumi bunny
yarn: cascade 220 in blue and aqua (don't remember the real color names)
hook: g, I think.

Bayerische WIP
eunny's bayerische
yarn: dream in color smooshy in lipstick lava
needles: sz 1 dpns

No comments: