11.12.2007

I Don't Mind You Coming Here and Wasting All My Time

I just found out that one specific person (who I now realize I spend the majority of my unoccupied hours with) will be insanely busy with exams and research papers for the next two+ weeks, and won't be able to hang out. So I suddenly find my self with tons (from an LCA student's perspective) of free time. And perhaps an ounce of bitterness towards said person for putting all this off until now.

So the only way for me to hold on to my sanity and not lapse into a zombie-like state until Christmas break is to totally cram every spare moment with positive, productive, activities. And to motivate myself, further, I'm publishing my list of ideas so I can be held accountable in some ambiguous way. Here goes.

1) CLEAN/ORGANIZE
Damn it. I really really really don't want to. But it's kind of getting to the point where I can't set foot in my room without stepping on something weird and random (example from today: a little garter snake brought inside by Rio. Lovely). And I prefer knowing exactly what I'm going to be stepping on, if stepping on anything is even necessary. Plus, I'm probably only wearing a third of the wearable clothes I own. The rest are buried under piles of... stuff.

2) SPEND TIME WITH OTHER PEOPLE
I really wish I didn't have to put this on the list, but sadly, a lot of my good friends have kind of fallen by the wayside lately with all the homework/work-free time I have occupied by this one kid. And worse still, I've been purposefully avoiding one or two of my friends because of arguments that I don't have the energy to work through. Ugh. Still don't really have the willpower. I need to stop pretending it will go away on its own.

3) WATCH IMDB 250 MOVIES
Quad C's library is chock full of them, so I no longer have to dominate the Blockbuster queue and force my family to watch my weird indie movies. I do need to remember to take them back in time though. You can only have three out at a time for 2 days, and the late fee is $1 a day. Needless to say, I've already made a sizable donation to Quad C's new book fund. But still, it beats Blockbuster prices.

4) KNIT PROFUSELY
Um, duh. This one is combined very smoothly with #3, as long as I avoid mixing complicated patterns and foreign language films. Oh, and silent films. While wonderfully kitsch and charming, they are a bitch to knit to. Currently in the works (including projects I plan on making soon but haven't actually started): Pin-up Sweater from S'nB, Kittyville hat (with Hello Kitty modifications), way too many socks, and some yet-to-be-designed fingerless gloves.

5) BE ARTISTIC
I haven't touched my drawing pencils or paints in months. Shame on me. I'm a freaking art teacher at an art studio.

6) READ. ESPECIALLY SPYCATCHER.
I definitely need to stay faithful to my little Librivox, several-books-a-months venture. Also goes well with #4. So satisfying to be able to read (or have read to me, the idea is the same) snobby classic books and knit a sweater simultaneously. It makes the little over-achiever in me very smug. Oh, and the deadline for my horribly-boring, non-audio-book review is rapidly approaching, and I've read less than half of it.

7) EXERCISE
Yeah, I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to this one. Maybe a bit of yoga now and then. With a heavy focus on the meditation aspect.

No comments: